
she will have been gone three years this sunday
three years
one week after my 18th birthday
three years
i'm still mad that i couldn't keep all her things
i feel like more goes everyday, pieces
i still miss her, i still miss her and i still cry
she is tattooed on me
not that she needed ink to be perminant
i only knew her as grandma
and i loved her as grandma
she's had more impact being gone
than I ever noticed while she was still alive
drift wood, feathers, pinecones
gorillas, wolves, snakes
statues, mac and cheese, cookie bars
yellow mixing bowl, butterfly mugs
paitings, vases, sticks, rings, journals, books
i miss her, i still cry - ache
i still wish ... i still ...


2 Comments:
Hi Jen, yes I miss her too. More now that she's gone. All the things I can't say, all the things I know she would have liked, things she wanted to see but didn't. Yes, I miss her too...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home